We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of each host and guest who registers at www.onthetable.com. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us as a host or guest/participant in the Quad Cities Big Table initiative (including hosting information, e-mail addresses, mobile telephone numbers and home ZIP codes for purposes of geographic planning and reporting on conversations and participants); we will also need to collect information on your computer including but not limited to: your IP address, geographical location, browser and operating system;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, e-mail notifications and/or newsletters;
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, while some browsers allow you to reject just third-party cookies. Blocking all cookies may, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website, including registering as host or guest, setting up an table/event page, inviting guests, etc.;
- send you general communications regarding Quad Cities Big Table;
- send you e-mail notifications specific to your participation in the Quad Cities Big Table initiative;
- send you marketing communications relating to Q2030 Regional Action Plan and the Quad Cities Big Table initiative which we think may be of interest to you, by post, or where you have specifically agreed to this, by e-mail or similar technology (and you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- compile and use statistical information about users as it relates to overall project response and results;
- deal with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud;
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website (including monitoring message board content).
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us. We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, nor should you expect, that your personal information or other communications will always remain secure. Users should take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure e-mail. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website (www.ftc.gov) for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity for this purpose.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to us. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
“QUAD CITIES BIG TABLE” HOST WAIVER OF LIABILITY
By registering as a host on this website, host agrees to accept and assume full responsibility and liability for any injury, theft, or loss to host or host’s property, guests, agents and/or employees at any time and from any cause while at the event location, or in transit to or from said event. Host registrant expressly agrees to release The Quad Cities Big Table, Quad Cities Chamber and/or any of its agents and/or employees from any and all liability for any injury, theft or loss, and agrees to provide and pay for host’s own insurance.
“QUAD CITIES BIG TABLE” PHOTO/VIDEO RELEASE
By uploading photo or video content via this website, participant hereby consents to and authorizes The Quad Cities Big Table, Q2030, Quad Cities Chamber and its successors, assigns, licensees and agents to reprint, publish, edit and distribute any and all photographs/videos in connection with the Q2030 and Chamber’s advertising, promotion and publications, in print, video or any form of media now known or hereafter developed, including, but not limited to the Chamber, Q2030 and /or Quad Cities Big Table web sites. Chamber or Q2030 related events, include, but are not limited to any event initiated by or participated in by Q2030 or the Quad Cities Chamber..
Further, participant understands that he or she hereby assigns all rights for the above-described photographs/videos to the Quad Cities Big Table, Q2030 and the Quad Cities Chamber. Participant further acknowledges and agrees that he or she will receive no monetary payment, royalties, nor other remuneration of any kind for the use of the photographs/videos and hereby waives, releases and forever discharges the Quad Cities Big Table, Q2030 and Quad Cities Chamber from any and all claims, demands or liabilities arising out of or in connection with the use of the photographs/videos.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST